ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:40:31 -0500
I find it fascinating that some people are willing to "amen," an article
written by a person who has formed an opinion based on second hand
knowledge.  This person has not seen the movie, nor is he going too, by
his own admission, but he hs already formed the opinion that the movie is
bad and that Christians are just interested in sensationalism.  That's
amazing since it hasn't even been released yet.  This movie isn't like
"The Last Temptation of Christ," which was blatantly anti-Christian and
outright blasphemous.  Mel says that he has tried to be true to the
gospels and, from what I've heard from the pastors and other people who
have actually seen the movie, including James Dobson, he did a pretty
good job of staying true to the Christian message.  Isn't the writer of
this article being prejudiced to form an opinion without even getting to
know his subject matter first hand?  This really bothers me, especially
if he is going to come out as a spokesman for the opposition.    I just
come down on the side of praying in hope.  It just bothers me how eagerly
some Christians are willing to shoot down something new and different.
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!