ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 05:11:13 -0400
I think this is true.  In many ways we are like small children.  When
adversity strikes we haven't the advantage of seeing the bigger picture as
it were.  When we play peek a boo with baby he feels we have truly
disappeared but we haven't truly.  Dogs have no sense of time as we know it
so when we leave them for five minutes or five hours dogs are so happy to
see us again for the same reason.  They have no idea we will ever return.
All things are temporary on this earth.  A poem I heard once illustrates
God's relationship to time.  It says.
"In the land of oden there stands a mountain 1000 miles in the air.  From
edge to edge this mountain measures 1000 miles square.  A little bird comes
winging once every million years, sharpens his beak on the mountain then
swiftly disappears.  Thus when this mountain is worn away, this to eternity
will be one single day."