ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:23:55 -0600
Yeah I was really surprised at that but it was really comforting in this
whole getting our marage strait business to find info like that in the
bible.
Linda Dillo and Laurain Pentus, who are the women who wrote Intimate issues
said that their were usually parts, left out of the account though in the
translation.
Most noteably, when she is discribing her husband all translations I have
found skip from talking of his arms or hands I think to his legs and this is
not true of the original writing.
There are also parts they have to explain the substitutions and poetic
language but that don't take a whole lot of imagination.  Looking on the net
I found a version of it then I found a sight which translated it a bit more
so that was kind of neat to read.
Still nothing that says unexpurgated version of anything though.
The shulamite kind of reminds me of a waitress I once met.
Thought that girl was going to crawl up my leg and go home with me and I was
quite married to the woman across the table from me and she knew it.
Still, I was happy for her husband if she treated him that way.
Yet she shouldn't have been treating me that way.
hahah

Matt