ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 00:01:11 -0500
Hi, at the church I attend there are small groups that meet every couple of
weeks.  John, and Janie the people I go to chrch with were going to a group
meeting Saturday and asked me if Ben and I would go.  I said that I'd like
that, but maybe John could call Ben.  They had talked a few times before
about music.  John teaches music at the  local high school.  Well, he called
and Ben said he would go.  And we went, and had a lovely time.  We sat and
talked, everyone telling some about their life, some more than others.  Ben
said he had learned a lot watching me.  Now that his sight was  not so very
useful.  He said that he and I often talked about God, and though he hadn't
been involved in a church, he  knew a lot from our conversations.  He said
nice things about me... and I felt so encouraged, it was better than an
unexpected present to hear words of praise from my husband.  Ben said he had
a good time and he would go again.  The group is going to go through the
Purpose Driven Life book, or rather it's a video series that goes along with
the book.
I was so happy that Ben was with me, it was so nic too, to be away from home
with out one of our girls.  I love them dearly, but one of them has to drive
us wherever we go, so... it was just nice to be in the company of other
couples.  So nice  for once to be a couple... instead of the only woman
alone  in an otherwise couple group.
When people are real it makes a difference.
I just wanted you all to know.
All the times I thought my  words, my actions were going unnoticed, they
weren't.  I really think that small groups, are so important, we need a
support system, and large groups can't offer that.

This is a group in its own way, we support each other, listen to each other,
and are connected by our love for God.
Rhonda