ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:16:17 -0400
Doesn't there have to be an element of repentance on the part of the one
doing the wrong, however, for us to be able to forget?  I mean, the bible
does talk about the fact that, as far as the east is from the west, so far
has he removed our transgressions from us,  and also that He buries our
sins in the see of forgetfulness and remembers them no more, but if you
take the bible in total, there has to be repentance on the part of the
sinner as well for the forgetfulness to take place.  While these passages
about removing our sins are mentioned in the old testament, Christ still
had to die for them and only those who repent and accept His forgiveness
can be saved.  Also, our forgetting along with forgiving, does not mean
that there is no consequences.  Yes, often there is grace, but grace does
not always teach the lesson and bring to repentence as affectively as
consequences do.  This is a really fine line and tough balancing act that
we are talking about here, and it is really hard to get right.
Kathy