ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"j.ireland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:11:50 -0700
Lelia, Vinny, Helen and Family,

Thinking of the other side of that coin, when one spends time in reading the
Bible, the Lord seems to use exactly where we are to minister what we need.
Two scriptures that have jumped out at me recently are:

2 Chronicles 20:11-12
verse 11: Now see how they reward us! For they have come to throw us out of
your land, which you gave us as an inheritance.

Verse 12: O our God, won't you stop them? We are powerless against this
mighty army that is
about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for
help."

Isaiah 40:28-30 (NLT)
Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the
everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or
weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to
the weak.
Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up.

Though these verses are not related, the Lord has reminded and applied them
often in recent days for me by bringing them to mind at needed points.  It's
good to know the backgrounds and settings of these two passages.

Vicki