ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:19:16 -0400
Praying out loud is a problem for a lot of people.  I remember in my
earliest time of being a Christian, I could hardly think of praying out
loud.  One night, at a home Bible study, my mother in the Gospel, the lady
who lead me to the Lord, she asked me to pray.  I knew I had to do it but I
didn't think I could.  I began and managed a few words before I nearly
choked on the words and my breath.  You know how it si?  You take a deep
breath to begin and it never seems to come out but just chokes you.  I was
scared spitless!  It really isn't hard to pray out loud.  Vicki gave some
good advice: pray out loud when you are alone and you will get use to
hearing it.  Also, don't worry about how your prayer sounds but just but
open and honest with Jesus when you pray.  Pray as if it were just you and
Him. Prayer is such a blessing to people like the ones who ask Rhonda and
Marvella  or whoever it was to pray for them.  Too many times when people
ask us to pray for them, we say "I will certainly for you" ;and then don't.
Many times they really want us to pray right then and there and it blesses
their hearts to hear us talk to the Lord on their behalf.  As much as you
may fear praying out loud, do it a few times and that fear will go away and
you can be used of the Lord in a mightier way.

Just my two cents worth.

Ned