ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:34:18 -0500
Phil,

Reeva and MariJean here. I'll go first, and then MariJean.

I would never, ever, ever let a child of mine who doesn't obey your
rules of the house, no matter what her age is, live with you or rent
from you. She can bloody well afford to live on her own if she's
working, and she doesn't need to be stealing from you and Sandy,
knowing very well that you probably won't find out what she stole
from you till it's too late because neither of you can see. Stealing
from blind parents is about as low as low can go.

Here's MariJean now.

I fully agree with what Reeva has said above. If she is pawning
things to get money, is spending the night with an unsaved boyfriend,
and coming home at all hours and is paying rent to you, then she can
afford to pay rent somewhere else.

Having been a druggy myself for twenty years, something in my spirit
is disquieted by her behavior. I wonder how seriously she's taking
those rehab classes? It seems to me that this woman is engaging in
risk-taking behaviors, more akin to a user and not someone who wants
to give their life to Jesus Christ. For any parent, this would be a
very difficult situation because, on the one hand, you would want to
give them a chance, while on the other, your rules are being
blatantly disobeyed. Coming from the old school as I do, I tend to
believe in tough love in these cases.

I know that I don't know the whole story, but it seems to me that
from this short description, this woman either needs to grow up or
crash and burn, as she sees fit. I hate to be that way because I am a
very soft, loving person, and always want to give everyone chance
after chance, but we cannot serve two masters. It comes down to this.
Trying is dying, and either you clean up your act or your act will
clean you up. Tomorrow is my eighteenth anniversary of clean time, no
slips, no relapses because I made up my mind that I was sick of
stealing, sick of lying, just plain sick of being sick. It comes down
to a simple decision--face the music and grow up. Give your life to
Christ, and let Him help you. I agonize for any parent going through
this, and my prayers and my tears go out to them.

That's it, so now you have our stories, and we're stickin' to it!

Love and GOD'S MANY, MANY BLESSINGS,
Reeva Parry and Mari Mizrahi