ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:55:14 -0500
Paul, quoting you:

So Phil gets his hammer and John gets his saw.  Pat gets her loving sewing
kit and Helen gets her aspirin and all the rest contribute to your
healing.  They start hacking
and whacking away at you until you are a bleeding, painful mess and in your
pain you go off confused and dazed and hurt others searching for help you
were never allowed to be given because of your helpful friends  -end quote-

This comment is bad enough, and as about as un-Christian as anything I have
ever read.

And quoting you again:

I can no longer be a part of a group whose self-pride and
self-righteousness is so strong that they will allow you to continue to
come to them so they can feel like good Christians.  -end quote-

But this judgmental accusation aimed at everyone but yourself, is the
worst, and
as long as you feel free to publicly chastise us, I feel it is our
God-given right, and duty, to express our own reactions to your very
uncalled-for rebuke.

As you said, poor dear Chris will probably not even understand what you are
saying.
Then why did you address this to him?  Why did you not address it to the list?
The message is clear, dear brother, and contains no spirit of God's Love,
either to us or to Chris.

Quoting you again:

I will not post publicly for a while to ensure that it is not my own
self-pride saying all of this.  -end quote-

It is unfortunate that you did not ensure yourself of that before posting.

Helen