ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 16:04:12 -0600
     A friend of mind, who has been a Christian counselor for over
25 years, told me this personal story.  I may have told this here
before so if you've heard it, I apologize for repeating myself.

My friend said that one day, out of the clear blue, people stopped
coming to him for ministry.  He was married and had two boys in
high school when this true story took place.  They were living
strictly on what this man made through the ministry.  His wife was
a stay at home mom.  No, they did nothing else for money, that is,
multi level networking, home business opportunities, or anything
other than his counseling ministry.  Why?  It is what he felt the
Lord told him to do.  This man, by the way, was a very quiet, easy
going, man.  At the same time, if I told you many of the stories
he told me over the years, you would agree, when I say, this man
is by far the greatest man of faith I personally have ever known
in my life.

     As I said, one day, people almost suddenly stopped coming to
him for ministry.  This means his income suddenly ground to a
halt.  Several days passed and financially, things got worse.  He
could not figure out what was going on.  He began praying about
the situation.  Eventually, he felt the Lord telling him there was
something going on with his boys.  They went to a public high
school but it could have just as easily been a Christian school.
My friend began paying a little more attention and also did some
looking around the house.  He found a rock tape by one of the
groups back in the eighties that would have been considered a
group known for their demonic and spiritual emphasis.

     When his boys came home that night, he asked his boys who
this tape belonged to.  His oldest son, I believe it was, said
that a friend loaned it to him from school.  My friend said he
told his son that such material was not allowed in the house and
he explained why.  His son said he hadn't really listened to it
but he would return it the next day.  He gave the tape back to his
son.

     Several days later, things had not changed.  My friend asked
his son if he had returned the tape.  He said he had forgotten.
The next day he asked his son if he had returned the tape and the
son said he had.  My friend said, that very day, his phone began
to ring and within days, their finances returned to normal.  If my
memory serves me, he also said extra money came in to make up for
the days lost.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com