ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:07:42 -0700
OH praise God Phil, this is incredible.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Scovell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:59 PM
Subject: Pray For Ralph

Ralph is my son, Everett's, Karate instructor and has been for about the
last 7 years.  Everett helps teach at the Karate school.  In the passed few
weeks Ralph has been in the hospital, he has had both legs removed below the
knee.  He has had bypass heart surgery.  He has been on dialysis for many
months.  One leg got infected and he has had surgery three times on that leg
alone.  His mother is very spunky and is 86 and Ralph is about 63 years old
or so.  He is one of the toughest men you would ever meat.  The pain, on the
other hand, is astronomical.  Last night, he called his older brother in
Arizona and his brother led him to Christ over the phone.  Ralph asked his
mother today to call us and to ask Everett and Sandy and I to come down to
see him so he could tell us the good news.  He had two bouts of severe pain
while we were there so it wasn't easy to watch.  Sandy sang several
Christian songs to him and some were old hymns Ralph remembered from his
childhood.  Will he live?  Well, if not here, he will live there and we will
now all get to see him in person some day.  He admitted tonight that he had
always thought he could lick the world on his own.  Those were his words.
Now, he said, he knows he can't do it alone and he needed Jesus in his life.
He also said a great heavy burden was lifted off of him last night about
midnight when he called and prayed with his older brother.  Pray about the
pain and pray for peace because the Enemy will try and use the pain against
him.  I talked to him a little of how to listen for the Lord and how to talk
to the Lord and Sandy told him some things about just calling on the name of
Jesus when the pain comes on like it does.  In spite of all the pain he was
having, I could tell something was different in this man's soul.  Praise God
for that.  Sandy went down to the Karate school before Ralph went into the
hospital and witnessed to him but he just said he became a Christian when he
was a child.  Tonight he was talking about his sin and the burden lifted
from him and things only someone truly born again would feel.  Thank God.

Phil.

Phil C Sharp
The Coil Of The snake
A Free Online E-Novel