ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:31:00 -0600
Vicki, and everyone, We have about 14 or more inches of snow now, and it's
still snowing. lol. I'm glad the mailman has delivered the mail early today.

Sunday it rained all day and all night. The ice was building up on the
power lines, and the wind blew profusely. Monday morning at about 3:30 AM
we lost our power, and we got it back that morning, just long enough to
make a pot of coffee. Then we lost it again, until about 5 PM that evening.
It snowed all day Monday and into the night. Tuesday it snowed. Wednesday
it snowed, Thursday it snowed. Friday it snowed, and today, Saturday it is
snowing.

Many people in the rural areas are without power, and some of them do have
power now. They reported that over 300 electric poles were down. This storm
was in an area of several states, including South and North Dakota,
Minnasota, Nebraska, Kansas, and parts of Colorado. I may have missed some
states. It was really the worst ice storm we've seen since we've been here.
The temps dropped way below freezing on Monday, and we've had sub zero
weather already this week.

Monday morning, Vernon ordered a huge generator and I'm glad he did. It
arrived Thursday afternoon via motor freight. We will not be without power
again, and we can run both furnaces with this generator, and the freezer
and refrigerator, as well. If we have to, we can run the furnace in our
rental house as well.

I think we're in for a very long winter and a snowy one also. I'm certain
we'll have a white Christmas.

Love and Blessings,
Pat Ferguson