ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:39:49 -0500
My mother is in the hospital in icu,  they say she has pneumonia, she has a
tube down her throat helping her breathe.
She doesn't seem to be doing very well.
The problem I have is this, my mom has a drug problem, she abuses prescribed
drugs, pain medications, nerve pills.  She often takes too many of these and
is groggy and sleeps a lot.
So now that she  is in the hospital because my dad couldn't get her to wake
up, he isn't telling the doctors about all the medications she is taking! my
parents have custody of my sisters girls who are 15 and 12, so they fear
telling the hospital all the medicines worrying about what family services
will think.  My position is that if my mother is to receive the care she
needs, the doctors need to know everything.
My dad says they will find it all out through blood tests, I fear they do
not know everything and so could be giving her medication she does not need.
The doctor came in this evening and said she had a massive heartattack,
so I am inclined to tell the doctors the truth, and who ever wants too can
be angry, what do you all think?

Rhonda