ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:37:35 -0000
Hi All,

Vicki I forgot, when writing you about Proverbs to tell you my story . . ..
(This will make you all chuckle!)

When I was in my teens, soon after my conversion and whilst training to be a
secretary, I received a letter from a friend with whom I had grown up and
she had become a Christian a little before me.  Anyway, we often put
Scripture references on our letters to each other and this time she put
Proverbs 6:9, but meant to put 16:9.  The two references are as follows -
First the correct one:

 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. (Proverbs
16:9 AV)

Now that's a wonderful verse and one which the Lord gave me to treasure!

Here's 6:9:

 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy
sleep? (Proverbs 6:9 AV)

It's just as well we were good friends or I may have been asking why she
should be insulting me so much!  <Haw>

--
Carol