ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:54:56 -0700
I am praying with someone overseas who is in her late fifties and had 3
abortions in earlier life.  I know bunches and bunches of studies have been
done on women who have had abortions and how it has affected them
emotionally.  I was thinking about this lady today and I wondered if any
studies have ever been done on the fathers of the aborted children?  There
is no way, based upon my personal experience praying with women who have
faced abortion issues in their life, that such does not also have effects on
men who fathered the children.  I just never remember hearing any studies
done on such an issue and thought I'd ask here if anyone knows of such a
study.  I may try doing a google search on this topic and see if I can find
anything.  My point is, men, the fathers, seem to be getting away with it
but the women suffer the emotional negatives.  I am betting that isn't true
because I have prayed and talked with men who admit they likely have
fathered children of which they are unawares, and it bothers them deeply.

Phil.