ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:57:38 -0500
I'd agree with that, I'd know that as being anticipation. Longing, to me in
my perception of it is a bit melancholy, but that is just my personal
interpretation and not necessarily the meaning. Joy to me is not mixed with
mourning of any sort. Longing to me has a mournful anticipation, so much
eager, that  one is saddened by not yet realizing the anticipated event.
Again that is just me. I do agree with that aspect though. Jesus said to
take joy as he has overcome the world, yet in our daily events and
happenings, sometimes we do not see that. Therefore  longing or
anticipation is there to provide the joy of that victory to become evident
in our here and now.

Brad

JULIE MELTON wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C470DC.766C6DB0
>

>   ----- Original Message -----=20
>   From: Brad Dunse<mailto:[log in to unmask]> Joy des have that elation =
>you spoke of.  In addition, I think it has a part of it that is longing, =
>specifically a longing for heaven.  I got this idea several years ago =
>when our Bible study went through the book "Surprised by Joy" by C. S. =
>Lewis.  I'd recommend anyone to read and study that book, or anything C. =
>S. Lewis wrote, for that matter.

   Man's way leads to a hopeless end, God's way leads to an  endless hope