ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:58:28 -0600
Interesting that this should come up.
I take it this is a person who brought you down or got on your nervs so you
felt the need to cut off comunication for your own well being?
Or maybe I am just being self absorbed because that is what we are
experiencing just now.
We cut ties with a friend quite a few years ago because we thought she was
hanging with a bad croud and experimenting with drugs and sorsory, I guess
is the word for it.  She seems to be obsessed with the whole idea of
vampirism, the 60's drug culture and witchcraft.
What a combo of interests eh?
She seems to be a lonely person and when she visits she is very nice and
helpful to us but she talks nonstop and aside from the fact that most of it
is concerning the topics mentioned above, it is very tiring to listen to
someone talk like that nonstop and hard to respond that often with any
amount of interest.
The idea of, you are responsible for the company you keep comes up a lot
after she is gone but we really don't know what to do about it or if we
should do anything about it.
She found us as well.
We had not contacted her in years before we moved and made no attempt to do
so once we got down here and in fact were settled in the new place when she
showed up on Terri's grandmother's doorstep across town while Terri happened
to be visiting so we kind of figured it was in the design for some reason
but she is an interesting situation in our lives.
What do you do?

Matt