ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:14:06 -0600
Well, Paul,

I knew you'd see right through my smoke screen so here is the
story.  Plus, I know you are the curious type.

     A couple had a teenage son who simply was so messed up with
drugs and sinfully living, they didn't know what to do.  They had
tried everything.  One night, after the evening service, they went
to the pastor and talked with him about their son once again.
They brought a piece of cloth and they all prayed over it asking
the Lord to do some very specific things in behalf of the son.
They went home and cut the cloth into twelve pieces.  The wife
began hiding the pieces of cloth in all sorts of plays such as in
the souls of his shoes.  You know, under the material normally
glued into the shoe?  There they figured he'd never find or see
it.  She sowed a piece into a hidden place of his coat and many
other such places including inside his car under the floor
carpeting.

     Weird things began happening, the wife said who told her
story.  The weird things began happening to, not their son, but to
their son's friends with whom he ran around and did dope with.
For example, one of the friends, where their son spent the night,
got saved.  How?  Their son left his shoes by mistake over at the
boy's house and he began wearing the shoes with the piece of
cloths sown into the soles.  That kid began refusing to spend time
with their son because he was saved and didn't want to be
influenced any longer by the way their son was living.  There were
many other such occurrences that were quite unusual.  This story
was told on some tapes I am about to review again concerning
intercessory prayer so when I get to that story again, I'll make
note of other detail and bring it up again.  The bottom line was,
of course, their son came to the Lord finally.  I believe she said
it took four years but it might have been two years; I just can't
recall now.  The parents, however, never gave up.  About every six
months they went to the pastor, and they all prayed over a piece
of cloth.  The process was continually repeated.  I guess when the
boy finally came to the Lord, it was quite dramatic.  Anyhow, I'll
mention it again later once I've listen to the tapes again.

Phil.

WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.COM