ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:11:29 -0700
Kathy,

I am sorry that Green Bay got mooned, sort of speak, if you know what I am
talking about, and I listened to the game, too.  I was surprised Green Bay
lost at home but I wasn't at all surprised Denver lost.  they people on the
talk shows are starting to say the coach needs to go and the quarterback,
too.  People get mean when their team keeps losing.

Your family situation sounds a little calmer and that's good.  If your son
has to come home from school, that'll be ok, too.  Don't worry about that.
Sure, he can do better.  So can I and so can you and so can everybody else
but that isn't the point.  Maybe he misses his mommy and there's nothing
wrong with that.  Take it from me because I am still a mommy's boy and my ma
is in Heaven.

I am glad Chris is going to be participating in some family counseling.  Non
Christian sometimes aren't all that dumb.  You take what you can and dump
the rest.  It is sort of like listening to Doctor Laura, if you know what I
mean.  If the 44 dollar hit Chris took didn't produce, he probably sucked a
bunch of sugar, or like you said, baking soda, up his nose.  Good for him.
It's good he has some friends who think drugs are stupid and are telling him
so.  Chris isn't an addict right now, he is just a kid who is rebelling
against authority right now is all.  He's learning the hard way, of course,
but he isn't the first.  Yes, headaches, sleeplessness, and a whole lot more
can be experience by the parents, unfortunately, and sometimes even the
parents end up on drugs, just like their kids, due to the symptoms they are
having.  Things like high blood pressure, sleeping pills, and a whole lot
more sometimes but the Lord knows about all these things so I wouldn't worry
about it all too much.  I know you will anyhow but at least I did my part
and told you not to do it.  I imagine Chris will come out of the whole thing
but it isn't easy.  I well remember where I was when I was his age including
doing LSD and everything else I could find.  Fortunately, it never effected
me.  Fortunately, it never effected me.  I never find myself repeating
myself either so thank the Lord for that.  My brain is just as normal as
ever.  My brain is just as normal as ever.

So, Kathy, just listen for the Lord.  He normally doesn't raise His voice
above the ruckus going on all around us, except for when he asked George
what he was doing trying to pull those green dead tomatoes up, so you'll
have to be quite if you want to hear his voice.  In fact, instead of
listening for His voice?  Look for the feeling He sends instead.  A lot of
people, like me for example, have feelings instead of hearing voices or
having thoughts.  I'd love praying with you and Greg on the phone, or just
talking to you about these types of things but you are such a chicken, I
know that'll never happen.  Well, Maybe Greg will call.  I would love
visiting with him some day.  Shoot.  I'll pay for the call because I have
unlimited long distance.

Kathy, pardon me, but you might have to do something about that pride you
have.  A strong will character trait is a mighty good thing to have.  I
married a woman with a strong will, thank God, because I am a wimp, to be
perfectly honest about it, but strong willed people sometimes get their
strong will and strong character mixed up with pride and don't realize it.
Of course, wimps do, too, and when the Lord first hit me with my pride,
which I thought was humility, it nearly knocked me off my pins, as Max
Clinger used to say.  I would rather that not happen to you so feel around
in your spirit and let the Lord minister to you and stop trying to be so
brave.  I feel the love Jesus has for you but you are having a little
trouble feeling that for yourself right now.  That's ok.  He knows that so
you aren't in trouble.  Try and keep in touch a little more with the group
because that really does help.

Your Brother,
Phil.