ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:21:43 -0600
Hey,
This story starts at genesis 2916 if that matters.
It's the story of Jacob and Rachael, well there are others but who wants to
spell their names?
Anyway, Jacob meets her earlier and falls in love with her, but the plot
doesn't really thicken until this point.
Never mind that they were cousins, from what I can figure out.  Anyway,
Jacob offers to work for Lavan soes he can "go into" love that term, Rachael
and make her his wife.
Who ever knew that elementary math class was so sexual?
2 goes into 4, 4 goes into 8.  And so on, and so on.
Anyway, a couple of questions concerning this story.
First, what does it mean, fulfill her week?
Are they looking at 7 years as 7 days as in a week?
Also, when Jacob takes his wives, his children and the maid servants, and
moves away, why does Rachael make off with her father's gods?
Was she depending on prayer to these gods to get pregnand?
Also, when her father comes into her tent to search for them, she hides them
under a camel's saddle and sits on it claiming that she can't get up because
the manner of women is with her?
I think she's had two kids by now and I don't remember if she has another.
Is she claiming she feels poorly because she is on her period?
Mine is the nkjv translation, if some of you just think I'm nuts.

Matt

Marriage is a covenant, not a contractual relationship.
In a contractual relationship we demand our rights and limit our
responsibilities.
Where as, in a covenant relationship, we limit our rights and assume
responsibilities.