ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:07:48 -0600
There is no Biblical precedence of Jesus being married to anyone, unless, of
course, you are reading one of those noncanonical Gospels.  In fact, his
title of being a Nazarite, not only would negate marriage according to the
Nazarite vow of Jewish laws, but to fulfill prophecy, his parents left
Egypt, when the threat of death was over, and took up residence in the city
of Nazareth.  This, according to Scripture, made him legitimately a a
Nazarite and a Nazarene.  The term, Nazarene, on the other hand, is in
reference to his ministry as a Nazarene, or one who is holy separated unto
God.  In Judges chapter 13, we learn the Samson, by edict of God whose
message was delivered by an angel, was to be a Nazarite from his mothers
womb until his death.  A Nazarite vow was a designated period of time of a
minimum of 30 days whereby the separated one did not drink fermented wine,
cut his hair, or touch a dead body.  To fulfill Old Testament prophecy,
Jesus was both a Nazarite due to his residence of the town of Nazareth, and
one set apart as the Holy One from God.  This is likely where we gained the
idea that he had long hair.  We know he was bearded because the Old
Testament clearly states those who crucified him plucked his beard out by
the roots when they tortured Him before nailing Him to the cross.  If Jesus
married during His time on earth, there is absolutely no prophetic Old
Testament record by the prophets nor any New Testament reference except in
noncanonical books, as I previously stated.  By the way, the Nazarite vow
was nullified following the publicly announced number of days of 30 or more,
which means, they could then cut their hair, drink fermented wine, and care
for the dead body of a family member.  So, was Jesus married to Mary
Magdalene, or any other woman?  You can't prove it by Scripture
confirmation.  Did Jesus like women?  I think we all know the answer to that
one.  Was Jesus immoral?  Stupid question and not deserving of any answer.
The question of our Lord's marriage is about like asking did Jesus smoke a
pipe.  His humanity wasn't demonstrated in how many humanitarian things He
could achieve in His life time it was the fact that He fulfilled all,
absolutely all, Old Testament prophecies, of which marry is never once
mentioned.  I guess, however, we'll find out when we get to Heaven and He
introduces His Wife.  Just kidding, of course.

Phil.
Satan Has A GOD Complex
WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.com