ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:24:32 -0600
Phil, it sounds like the Salvation Army has bought into the A A
philosophy.  I suppose that A A has helped some people, but with that
program, one goes from one addiction to the A A addiction.  One of my
former pastors used to say, What you win them with, you win them to.  Funny
how the Lord works in finding you a church home, getting that church from a
bad situation.  Sort of like Joseph and his brothers.

earlier, Phil Scovell, wrote:
>this coming Wednesday, on March the seventeenth, Gretchen has to go see her
>case officer.  This lady decides if Gretchen's gets to stay in this church
>program or if she goes to prison instead.  Of course, Gretchen walked away
>from the Salivation Army program after a week but this church ministry is a
>million times better for her.  So we are just praying she gets to stay in
>the church program and her case officer will agree.  We are all in agreement
>about attending this church so it appears we have found a church home again.
>By the way, for general information?  Forget about the Salivation Army drug
>and alcohol rehab program.  There ain't nothing Christian about it any more.
>They even make each and ever person sign up for food stamps.  Victory Out
>Reach, where she is now, is a church of a good 300 core people.  80 percent
>of the members were formers addicts or alcoholics.  Notice I said former and
>not recovering.  They don't believe, God bless them, in recovering nothing.
>You are either free or you ain't.  Finally, somebody got it right.
>
>Phil.
>

>I Flew Kites With Jesus
>www.SafePlaceFellowship.com

John

   Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot