ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:46:54 -0500
I liked this one...it does strike me as funny sometimes, I remember once Ben
and I had an argument before he went to work on the night shift at 11 at
night.  I was left alone to think all about what woult  have been better
left unsaid, and wished I culd take back angry hurtful words.  I asked God
what I should do, now that I had followed  my own way and made a mess of
things.  The last thing in the world I wanted was to talk to Ben, it was my
plan to ignore him when he came home, after all, if he couldn't speak nicely
to me, then he shouldn't speak to me at all.  But I felt ipressed to make
breakfast and some coffee.  This is not what one does when he or she has
been hurt by someone else.  I thought that surely that would send the wrong
message, that, yes, it was ok to verbally abuse me, call me names,  attack
my intelligence, and anything else  discriminatory! Wouldn't a nice
breakfast say  nothing happened at all!
But...having asked  to give me  his  idea, and having seen how I had messed
things up so on my own, I decided there would be no harm in doing it God's
way,  though I surely felt like a fool.
Ben came home and was indeed surprised to see eggs, hot buttered biscuits
and bacon!!  Before I could say anything, and I was thinking by now that I
had said enough, he gave me ahug and a kiss and said "I'm so sorry"  I said
I was too, and we had a nice wonderful breakfast,
And you all know how much fun making up is!!!

Rhonda