ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karen Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:53:14 +0000
Hay Phi, that reminds me one day a bunch of us visually impaired people were talking about all the funny things that have happened and said we should write a book.  I still would love to do that.  Visual impairment can be a funny thing.  Although it is not funny when it happens but when we look back on it we wish there was a vidio tape of it.  Here is a few of mine.
One time I was in K-mart's admiring different thangs.  something caught my eye (I am partally sighted) I bent down to pick it up.  And when I bent you heard a big BANG!!!!!!!  While I did not see the glass shelf above the object.  I stood up real fast and walked away.  My big sister said "karen did you hear that?"  I said "yah it was me."  We both started laughing and walked away as if nothing happened.

Than on night my twin sister and I was walking home and I seen what I thought was a kitty cat.  I started saying Hi! to it and saying wow your a brave kitty you are not even running.  And when I got close enough to bend down and pet it.  I noticed it was a small table grill.  I am glad there was not anyone around to see or hear me talking to it.  At least I did not hear or see anyone aroung.  What I thought was the cats reflecting retna was the hot coals.

--

IN GOD WE TRUST
Karen Carter  '74

From: Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>