ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:06:02 -0700
As most of you know, Gretchen bailed out of the drug and alcohol
rehab program.  I had a talk with her today and she had no answers
for anything.  Her case officer had a death in the family and is
out of the office till March 17 and that's when Gretchen will go
to see her.  Gretchen thinks the they will be letting her go back
to rejoin the rehab program she just dropped out of so I asked two
questions.  How do you know they will give you a second chance,
and if they do, how do you know you will stay in this time and not
cut and run.  She had no answers other than to say, I will make it
this time.  I asked her what she was going to do if her case
officer says, We have screwed around with you for nine months.
You have not paid back any of the 4200 dollars you owe the
program, you haven't gotten a single job for well over a year, you
have cheated on your urine analysis tests, and you have lied
repeatedly to us so we are sending you to prison to fulfill your
debt to society.  Gretchen had no answers.  I spent quite a bit of
time talking to her about her children in regards to all of this.
She had no answers.  She is only positive that she will make it
the next time.  I told her the truth as I see it.  I told her that
I didn't think she could make it on her own and that to make it,
she would probably have to be put into a closed environment so she
had to face it all because she was given no other choice.  I hope
and pray I am wrong.

Phil.
I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com