ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:51:48 -0500
Phil and John,
If I understand the history of Gretchen's drug use, and of drug use in
general, then I don't believe that Gretchen is thinking at all.  Those
chemicals have so saturated her brain cells and every other organ of her
body that it has placed the real Gretchen in the prison of denial.  She is
unaware that she is in denial, evidently. and how that can be is beyond my
comprehension.  Outside of a miracle directly from the Hand of Almighty
God, there may be no other alternative at this point than to forcefully
commit her to a place and program that will keep her locked up.  But being
an adult,  and of age, I suppose there is no one authorized to do
that.  Prayerfully, when she goes to prison, it will be in a place where
that may occur.  That isn't what I had in mind, though.  What I had in mind
is a place like the Salvation Army facility where God's people would be the
jailers, loving Gretchen into sobriety as the drugs leave her body.  I
guess what I'm saying here is that you ought not expect Gretchen to
think.  She is not even thinking about herself, not her real self.  The
drugs have taken over her thinking processes.  No wonder the scriptures
tell us to "let this Mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus", for if we
do not, the Enemy of our souls takes over our minds as he has evidently
taken over Gretchen's through those drugs.
Still praying for you all.
In Jesus' Love,
Helen