ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:53:51 -0500
That is really cool. A great example of being broken bringing one closer to
God. It is very easy for us parents to give advice, bring our years of
wisdom to the table and etc. when we feel it necessary, but much harder to
understand that sometimes it is wiser to remain silent and let the child
fall off the bike once or twice to learn the lesson much more quickly. And
then we question, as adult humans, why we experience difficulties in life?
I do believe God gives us the opportunity to learn first hand based from
our mistakes or a natural lesson learning process just from living life in
this world, to save us from a greater danger. And, based off his word and
our times of disobedience, we run a track record of being just like our
kids, not listening to what their father says to them, but disobey and do
our own thing. If we being evil, find wisdom in being silent in the raising
of our children, how much more then would God?

Brad

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>         On a brighter note, brighter than my high risk propane tank that
>is, we went to visit Lizzie yesterday up at   Living Waters camp.  Wow!
>That girl is growing spiritually.  Greg and I were just so in awe of what
>the Lord is doing in her life.  You have to know that Liz is a very
>quiet, shy person and this has been an incredible step for her to be
>willing to leave home for so long and work rather than play, but she's
>seeing it through.  I asked her again yesterday if she was sure that she
>wanted to stay until the 23rd and I know that it took all her effort, but
>she said "yes."  She talked a lot  about how she is growing in the Lord
>and it was so beautiful to hear.
>         Just to let you know, Chris too is doing well.  Having to pay for
>summer school himself has really had an impact.  He's getting home from
>school, biking to work and then staying up to do his homework at night.
>I'm learning to back off and let him do things his own way, like, leave
>his laundry in the washer or drier for more than a day and let him deal
>with the mold or rinkles.  It is so hard not to offer advice.  You know,
>growing up, I was told that children shouldn't speak unless spoken too,
>but I"m starting to realize that that is actually better advice   for
>parents.
>In Him,
>Kathy

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Brad

   If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made with meat ?