ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:48:29 -0400
Oh Guys,
        Life can be so wild.  Last night we got a call from our son Matthew.  He
is being evicted from his college housing today because he is no longer
enrolled.  We knew that he would have to leave in August, but we had hoped
that, by then, he would have a full time job and a new place to stay so
that he could continue to make a life for himself in Grand Rapids.  Well,
he's packing everything up and storing it at a friend's house and will be
boarding a bus for Maine this afternoon.  We'll have to move the computer
downstairs so that the office can become what it was originally intended to
be, a fourth bedroom.  Since Chris didn't get home until after midnight
last night, he doesn't know yet, but it won't be pretty when he finds out.
        Chris has been doing okay with us this week.  He had a job interview at
McDonalds on Monday, but he hasn't heard anything.  Actually, I'm thinking
that he may not get the job because he was asked about his grades, which
aren't good.  I could be wrong, but I think that I heard somewhere that
McDonalds does like to hire the better students.  Anyway, Chris spends a
lot of time with Nicki.  I know from phone calls that he is getting more
involved sexually.  Brother.
        Something else happened this week that is kind of sad.  Maybe some of you
remember me telling a story about an old guy from our church who mistakenly
thought that he was supposed to read four chapters of Proverbs?  Well,
anyway, the important point is that he was a dear old guy who had to move
away from our area and move in with his daughter because he couldn't live
independently any more.  Anyway, he really missed fellow shipping at our
church so I made him a prayer shawl as a kind of way of letting him know
that we still love him and pray for him and miss him.  I finished it on
Tuesday, but I never got to give it to him because he was killed in a cr
accident on Wednesday.  I know that he's much better off now with Jesus,
but I am left just wishing that I could have said goodbye.
        It's interesting that you guys are talking about memories.  I know that
what is going on with my kids is a result of their choices.  I know that
Greg and I have really tried to be supportive and offer good advice that
they just don't want to take.  When I was a kid, I"m the youngest of seven,
I used to have to sit through meals listening to my parents complain about
all the mistakes that my older siblings were making with there
lives.  Because I'm a pleaser, I had  always wanted to be the one to escape
from the litany.  I wanted to be the good Christian girl with the good
husband and good kids.  Well, I really have to struggle against feeling
like a failure right now in so many areas of my life.  I get so frustrated
because, all of a sudden, I'll just want to start crying and I can't even
point to a direct reason why.  I just have to live moment by moment.
God bless,
Kathy