ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:39:54 -0400
Jesus is the only mediator for all mankind.  Which is meant by the word men.
In the same sense as man was created in the form of Adam.  To seal the terms
of the new Covenant.   (first timothy 2 verses 1 through 6 makes this clear
if read in context.)Saint Paul, in this passage commands us all to do just
what we are doing.  We are interceding.  This is what the saints who are
always alive in Christ, and are conscious in Christ, as are we are doing.
Too fulfill the exhortation from Saint Paul in his letter to dear saint
timothy.  You will take note in the same passage, where saint Paul maintains
Jesus is the mediator between Men and God, he doesn't exhort us not to use
saints to mediate for us to God.  Because Christ is the one and sole
mediator.  If he had meant that for us individuals, he surely would have
made this clear in his letter to Timothy.  Whatever we might say concerning
Saint Paul, ambiguousness was not one vice possessed by him.  Else, we on
earth could not, and would have no right to intercede for each other while
we reside on earth to the lord our God.  We would have no right to ask
anyone for prayer assistance at all.  If Christ were truly the only mediator
between us and God.  The mediation of Christ, and the interceding of the
saints either visible or invisible are two different concepts.  About which
there is no confusion at all by saint Paul in this passage.  What then is
the distinction made, and about which there is no confusion?  The
distinction is made in first timothy 2 verse 6 when it makes clear Christ's
mediation regards the fact
he ransomed himself for us.  Being the "man" who ransomed himself for us
"men".  Clearly referring to the sealing with his blood for us the terms of
the new covenant.  This is also amplified in another letter from saint Paul
to the Hebrews In Hebrews chapter 9 verse 15 in this verse saint Paul says
Christ is the mediator of a new covenant by means of death for the
redemption of the transgressions of the first covenant.  Also, in Hebrews
chapter 12 verse 24.
Where it talks about the mediation of the   new covenant in the blood of
Christ.  An obvious reference to the death of our Lord as it relates to the
new covenant. Which proves there is a difference between the mediation of
Christ, and the interceding all saints are commanded to do by saint Paul.
Which also makes clearer the mediation which belongs to Christ alone is
between the whole human race and God.  The man who is also the complete God
incarnate is the only one who can mediate between God and the human race.
Made manifest by his death and resurrection.  Which paid for our sins.
Without which, there would be no need for any intercession by any saint.
Jesus, by his mediation gave to us the privilege to intercede at all.
Without the sole mediation of Christ, we would never be able at all to
entreat God for anything at all.  Regardless on which plane we reside.
Because the entirety of the saints compose the body of Christ.  There is no
separation of the members of the body of Christ.  This is why the great
cloud of witness is so important.  Because we all are equally members of the
body of Christ.  The saints can not mediate, as referenced by these
passages, to reinforce the new covenant.  Jesus did that when he ransomed
himself for us.  But, we and they can and do intercede on our behalf to the
lord our God.      ----- Original Message -----