ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:02:12 -0700
Hi all!

Today I went to see the implant audiologist, Jenna.  we discussed my final
decision to use the company called Cochlear Corporation, which has more
electrodes to put in and has been around the longest, and, well, I'm just
attracted to it.  Then we talked about my options that go along with it.  I
chose the largest of the behind-the-ear (BTE) processor, as it has more
features.  We had to choose the color I would be wearing.  I said that I'd
have a hard time judging what color would look best for me, so they did a
little color analysis, and came up with brown, like chocolate (which I love
anyway, haha.).  My brother Dale picked me up from Daybreak Mental Wellness
Center, took me to lunch, then later took me to this appointment.  Then my
sister Judy took me from there, we went to the McDonald's drive thru for
dinner, did some shopping around and went home.  the interesting thing is
that all three of us are hearing impaired, so I called it hearing impaired
family members working together.  Maybe down the road they'll both need
implants too?  And we have another brother who might be losing his hearing
also.

My next appointment will be the pre-op physical, next Monday.  the surgery
will be a week from tomorrow!  Please continue to keep me in your prayers.
I'm counting down...down...down...down to oblivion! Haha!

Thanks!

Save money and/or do free work at home!

http://www.mypowermall.net/cgi-bin/pd/pd.cgi?showmpmcard=11941260560.55096435546875.card

Sharon