ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:22:11 -0700
Hi all!

I have a couple of things we can pray about.  I have a new friend, who is in
a wheelchair.  His name is Dwain.  He called Blanca, wanting a place to
live, but since then he found out that he needs to move to a skilled nursing
facility.  He is very disappointed and has no family.  We don't know if he
is saved or not.  He likes to be on the computer a lot.  I e-mailed him, but
probably won't hear from him until he moves and his computer is set up.
Please pray that he will be totally healed, or that he can at least live in
a home like ours, but for God's will, whatever it is, and also for his
relationship with Christ.

Last night I talked with a friend whom I haven't heard from in awhile.  Her
name is Mary.  She and her husband had moved into a retirement facility with
apartments.  She became legally blind from a stroke, I think during or after
an operation.  There was cancer in her back, which they apparently removed,
but she was still in pain.  Now she has two kinds of arthritis, and her
backbones colapsed, so they fused them, and I think her neck is part of
that; it's hard for her to turn it.  Now she doesn't have full use of her
arms and hands, and mostly gets around with a walker or wheelchair.  She
also has a tumor on her face, which will need surgery.  She's been through a
lot and is trying to keep from going under, but she is born again, as far as
I know.  I plan to start going to her church.  We used to go to another
chapter.  It's Calvary Chappel.  I used to go to the one in Nampa, where she
and her husband went, but now they go to the one in Caldwell.  The pastor of
this church used to be on drugs and sold them, even in the church!  So I
think he will probably be more understanding of my struggles.  Please pray
for her complete healing, or whatever healing is in God's plan for this
life, and pray for me that I find the right church home.  We would
appreciate that.

Thank you all!

Sharon