ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:41:03 -0600
Yesterday my former son in law called during the day to talk to me again
about his coming marriage to a Mormon.  By the way, I have meant this young
lady and as I have said before, I've never met a Mormon I didn't like.
Anyhow Chris went over everything with me again, basically trying to get me
to allow my grandson to be in the wedding, and after explaining all of it to
him again, he then said, "Well, since I am now marrying a Mormon, does this
mean you won't allow little Everett to come with me or to spend weekends
with us?"  I told him, of course not.  That seemed to defuse the whole thing
and you could hear the relief in his voice.  So, praise the Lord, neither
conversation was an argument nor loss of temper.  I am greatly concerned, of
course, concerning my little 4 year old grandson but that will change as
soon as my daughter gets out of the Christian drug rehab home.  Gretchen
will be home again Saturday with us all day and it is very likely she may
only have about 3 or 4 months left in the home before she is cleared to
leave the system.  Plus, her felony arrest will also be deleted from the
crime computers.  She lost a husband out of the deal and the whole thing
hasn't helped her children any but at least God used Sandy and I, as well as
other family members, to keep the boys together.  Please keep praying for
this situation.  I still hear my grandson's little prayer that night during
our Friday night intercessory prayer meeting when he prayed and asked Jesus
to bring his mom and dad back together.  October first for the wedding is
still a ways off so remember God, I agreed with the prayer of that little
boy that night and I remind you again, Heavenly Father, in the name of the
True Lord Jesus Christ, of his request in behalf of his parents.

Phil.