ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 16:57:07 -0600
I have this on my website and I have posted this here before but thought
others might find the reminder worth while.

A Dog Of A Demon

By Phil Scovell

     I could begin this testimony by telling you scary frightening
demonic stories.  demons that manifested themselves in prayer
sessions that I have conducted, talking through the person's own
voice, laughing, threatening to kill and destroy, and those are
just the nice things they say.  I could, on the other hand, tell
you true stories of demons who manifest in some supernatural way
so that the person literally feels them tactually making contact
with them physically, or so it would seem.  I could tell you about
the time I was demonically attacked, early on in my ministry, when
I could feel things of the demonics crawling all over my body like
hundreds of ants.  At the same time, I could also feel wave after
wave of something that emotionally felt like filthy dirty cold
water being splashed upon me by the bucket full during the
attack.  I did not know, during those early days, what to do.
Plus, I was afraid of them.  So I didn't try to fight back but
called a friend, getting him out of bed at 1 in the morning, to
have him come and pray with me.  We prayed all night.  Now, the
Lord has taught me what to do so I am no longer afraid.  Instead
of telling you all these scary stories, however, I am going to
tell you one I think is funny.

     I awakened in the middle of the night.    Getting up, at my
advanced age, I went to the bathroom first and then went to the
kitchen and got a drink of water.  While standing at the sink, I
heard one of our dogs enter the kitchen; walking slowly across the
tiled floor.  I clearly, without a doubt, heard his toenails
click, click, clicking on the tile floor of the kitchen as he
walked across and stopped near our refrigerator.  We also put our
dogs on leashes at night which are tied down near the bed so they
don't get up and roam around the house.  In this case, I just
figured one of the dogs had been overlooked so he had come into
the kitchen to see if I would give him something to eat.  Not
knowing which dog it was, I couldn't call him by name, so I
slapped my leg and called to him.  When I do this, regardless of
which dog it is, they always come because they think I have some
food to give them.  He didn't.  I called again but he refused to
come.  I suddenly knew, in my spirit, it wasn't a dog at all.
Half asleep, I decided that he would just follow me back into our
bedroom, if he was a dog, that is, so I left the kitchen.  I did
not hear him follow.

     The next day, I asked my wife which dog had not been hooked
up to his leash near the bed.  She said, "None.  They were all
hooked up for the night."

     "Are you sure?" I asked.

     "I'm positive," she replied.  "They were definitely all
hooked up last night."

     So, I ask you, what had been in the kitchen with me?  It was
most certainly real; there is no doubt about that.  No, I wasn't
dreaming.  The sounds of clicking toenails could not have been
more real to me as they tapped on the hard floor surface.  I know
now what it was.  Do you?

     "Do such things really happen?"

     Yes.

     "Were you afraid?"

     No, I said I thought it was funny.

     "Why?"

     Because I was being allowed, by the True Lord Jesus Christ,
to be tested.

     "Why didn't you send him away?"

     I didn't have to.  He had no right to be there so I knew he
wouldn't stay.  I just went back to bed and ignored him.  Nothing
more happened.

     "why didn't he talk to you or make frightening noises?"

     He couldn't.

     "Why not?"

     Because, I had not given him any right to attempt to gain a
foothold in my life.

     "Doesn't it bother you that there are likely demons in your
house?"

     No, because there aren't demons in my house.  Once and awhile
they may show up but they can't stay because they have no right to
remain.  Plus, you see, I have the authority of the True Lord
Jesus Christ over them.  I don't have this authority because I say
so, I have it because Jesus says so.  Any more questions?

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com