ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 07:47:18 -0600
Hi ya Phil,

Yeah, I used to shy away from religion all together because of all of the
preachers I saw on tv and also because of one I knew in my neighborhood.
Once my brother told me that he had been molested by that man who had been
so good to our family and who was so good to others in the neighborhood I
was sure I didn't want to touch religion because if I couldn't understand it
on my own, it was surely not good to put my faith in a "person to teach it
to me.
Surely they would manipulate for their own wants.
However, I know that it is easy, when you are at a low point in life, to
hear a good message and see someone who seems to be doing well and to want
to follow them to have what they seem to have.
I never expected to quote a person as much as I find myself quoting Jimmy
and Karin Evan's and in fact I had always told Terri that if we couldn't
figure out our own problems together, that we just needed to give it up
because I did not think any good could come from bringing someone else in
from the outside.
I feared anyone we talked to would be too humanistic in their approach.  Too
idea of the day, we are all completely equal and there are no rolls we
should occupy in a relationship.
Rather we should be totally equal with all of the same needs and that
everything would work out along those lines.
The bible's rolls for us sometimes puts the man's roll above that of the
wife and other times it puts the wife's role above that of the husband.
It is a nurturing partnership type relationship each feeding off the other
while nurturing in ways as well.
The totally equal rights bunch make up roles for us which do not work.
It is more of a strain to keep up the fake roles than it is an enjoyable
life to live as partners.
It is each looking to make sure that there needs and wants are being met,
instead of each looking to each other's needs.  The definition of marriage
as a covenant instead of a contractual relationship I post as a tag line
sometimes is a good example of this or explanation.
The problem with the equal rights movements in the world is that they are
lead by groups of like members trying to get what they want for that like
group and not working with the other types in the world as a team to achieve
a goal.
Who do they want these so called rights for?
Themselves.  That's the flaw.
Once they get their rights, then they can rejoice, but they will be
rejoicing alone and all they will have is each other because they have
demanded so much from the others in the world that the others feel as though
they have been slighted.
Well, I have spent way too much time on this one message.
Hope it made since.
Gotta go.

Matt

Marriage is a covenant, not a contractual relationship.
In a contractual relationship we demand our rights and limit our
responsibilities.
Where as, in a covenant relationship, we limit our rights and assume
responsibilities.