ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeremy Gilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 05:47:48 -0400
Upload, Download

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to
all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

For a non-techie type person such as myself, all the computer lingo is
pretty foreign sounding. I think I finally can distinguish between
"download" and "upload". I only really got the hang of that by default.
Here's my definition of download: something comes in from somewhere in
cyber space that contains data. I'm sure that is nowhere near correct,
but it helps me differentiate.

Recently I thought about how we get downloads from God all the time.
They come primarily from His Word, the Bible; then from other books,
other Christians, and circumstances.

This brought to mind the question about uploads. Those would be our
prayers. And just as the experts say no email is ever really lost or
trashed, none of our prayers ever get lost or erased either.

In Revelations 5 we read about a scene in the throne room of God: " Each
one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which
are the prayers of the saints."

Right now I need some supernatural wisdom. I need the mind of Christ,
God's insight and direction. I'm so thankful that I can go to Him in
prayer, lay everything out before Him, and ask for what I need at the
moment. And I am so thankful that He doesn't shut me out or shut me
down. He knows the cries of our hearts; He listens, and He answers.

Upload: our prayers; download: from the Lord.

That is good news.