ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:04:32 -0700
Lelia,

I wasn't even going to comment on this at first but changed my mind.  It
isn't an easy one to solve.  Oh, it is an easy one to answer but sometimes
the practicality aspect is a little more complicated.  When I used to take
the bus back to Omaha when Sandy and I were engaged, I would spend the
weekends with some people from the church who didn't live far from Sandy's
apartment.  Once and awhile, due to my ride situation, that is, when not
taking the bus but was riding with other students, I would get in Omaha like
at midnight.  This was normally due to students having to work on Friday
nights and unable to leave any earlier.  I would stay at Sandy's apartment
and sleep on the couch those nights simply because I didn't want our friends
to wait up for me so I could save a few dollars of bus money.  The next
night, however, I would always go to our friend's home.  I was condemned
even then by some.  In your case, I don't know how easy it would be for Todd
to live elsewhere for the remaining weeks.  If it is possible and workable,
that's what he should do.  Is it workable?  Can it be done?  How much of a
hastle would it be?  All these questions you guys will have to answer on
your own.  Is God going to kill you for what you are doing now?  Not likely
but I am pretty sure God has His own opinion about it.  Making this public,
however, you are going to get more opinions than God has little green
apples.

Phil.