ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lyn Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:05:35 -0500
Well, I don't know if it was last year, 2 years ago, whatever.  It doesn't
say.  But, it's called, "killing the source of yoru anger".  I have had it
on my notepad for quite a long while now.  I didn't remember where I had
gotten it from until I began to look at the emails associated with it.  I
remember the article becauseo f the portion about the black widdow spider
and the story about killing the spider.  You know, I have not so much anger,
but depression that keeps cropping up from time to time.  I think some of it
might be due to some anger deep down in there that keeps poking its ugly
head ever so often just to remind me that I am still human and in flesh
sometimes when I think I'm doing all right.  Unfortunately, it causes a
wedge between me and God because I begin to doubt what He has always told
me, that He would never leave or forsake me.  However, I sometimes find
myself wondering when I have put out the books, the CDS, and sang for this
church or that person in my church and been told how wonderful I sing.  How
wonderful I sing isn't the thing, it's have I brought glory to the father
with that wonderful song I sang this morning in church?  Did it come from my
heart or my pride in knowing that I got all the notes right on the piano or
in my voice.  If God isn't being glorified, then none of it matters anyway.
But when I'm depressed and unable to focus on anything except my attitude
that morning then I can't glorify Him anyway.  But, I wanted to thank Phil
for the things that God gives him to write and share on this list.  Some
things I have taken ideas for for the next book.  Sometimes, I write a lot
of my own swemons.  Not that I preach any, but Pastor Marc Gerard needs
something to talk about.  Anyway, I'm asking all of you to keep me in
prayer.  I am really emotionally struggling with this, andI just need to be
encouraged so that I can be built back up again.  And, I think since I was
here, I was diagnosed with diabetes.  It's what they call early, and it's
type 2.  But, it's still there and I have to deal with it.  sometimes sugar
makes you a little weird, but it's pretty controled, and for that, I thank
the Lord.  Hek nows just how to fix things up so they're not always so bad,
but they get our attention.  I asked Him to help me to lose weight.  He did
that, but through that, I found soemthing that might have been worse had I
not paid attention and gotten checked.
Lyn Latham
Newly Published author of
JOY COMES IN THE MORNING