ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:50:09 -0600
     As many of you know, Ralph is Everett's, my youngest son's,
Karate instructor and has been for over eight years.  A year ago,
Ralph had open heart surgery.  He nearly died and was in the
hospital for weeks.  He is a diabetic and has been on dialysis for
a very long time.  Several months ago, they removed both his
legs.

     Ralph told us that he had always believe that he could, "Lick
the whole world," and he thought he could make it through
everything on his own.  One night, he suddenly realized, through
the tormenting pain he was suffering, that he could not make it
through this one by himself.  In short, he thought he was going to
die.  So did everybody else.  At midnight, he dialed his brother's
phone number in Phoenix, Arizona.  His brother prayed the sinner's
prayer with him and led Ralph to Christ.  Less than 24 hours
later, Ralph wanted Everett, Sandy, and me to come to the
hospital.  He told us the whole story and repeated several times
how he had always believed he didn't need God because he could
lick the world on his own.

     Last Sunday, Ralph came to our home church.  He has been
coming nearly ever Sunday since he got out of the hospital several
months ago.  This last Sunday, when he rolled into the living room
in his wheelchair, he tapped on his new artificial leg so we could
hear it.  Over the next couple of weeks, he will be fitted for
his other leg and the physical therapy will continue so he can
learn to walk again.

     Stop and think about this testimony.  Do you get the
impression that God can literally cut anybody down to size to get
their attention?  "God doesn't do that," you say?  Maybe you
should ask Ralph what he thinks about that now.

Phil.
Where there is pain, there is belief.  Truth has no pain.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com