ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:07:45 -0400
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for praying.  What a wild day I have had.  This morning,
Greg talked to Nicki's mother and told her about the scheduled appointment
at planned parenthood.  Well, at first we thought that we weren't going to
be found out because Nicki's mother covered for us and said that planned
parenthood had called to remind her of her appointment.  We were praising
God that we were still going to escape detection.  Then, this afternoon,
before dinner, we don't know why, but Chris burst into our bedroom, where
Greg was working on the lap top and just asked outright, how long have you
guys been listening to our phone conversations?"  Well, we tried to talk a
bit thehn, but Chris was very angry, understandably, so we just dropped it
and went to dinner.  I had a feeling that I had better stay home from bible
study to face whatever storm was brewing.  Sure enough, I caught Chris
snooping around in our bedrom.  I calmly sat down on the bed and Chris
said, "what do you think I want to talk about Mom?"  So, I laid back and
just told him to go for it.  He shut the door and sat down beside me on the
bed and started asking questions about how much we knew and so on and so
forth.  I explained to him that we started monitering him when he started
sneaking around and hanging around people that we didn't know.  I was also
able to talk to him about birth controll and going back to his original
policy on abstaining from sex until marriage and, over all, it went pretty
well.  We ended on a good note.  Unfortunately, we just had another tiff in
the kitchen because he is grounded for the day and he still wants to go to
Nicki's so life isn't good, or perfect or, whatever, but I feel like God
gained another victory today in this crazy battle.  You guys needed to know
because your prayers really helped.  Now I have to run because my five
minute turn on the computer is over. GRIN!   Besides, it's getting wild
around here again, but, there was a victory today.  Yea!
Kathy
.