ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:15:21 -0700
I've posted this before.

Phil.

My 250 Dollar Christmas

                         By Phil Scovell

     Several years ago, when our children were very small and we
didn't have much money for Christmas, I was feeling quite sorry
for myself.  I couldn't say the Lord hadn't blessed us, because He
certainly had.  However,  it was Christmas and we were sort of
broke.  We had been able to get toys for our children but there
wasn't anything left and I wanted to get other things such as food
for the holidays because my wife loves to cook and bake.

     I remember walking into the living room of our home and being
at the front door.  I cannot recall what I was doing at the door
but I remember I was closing and locking it.  I think my wife and
children had left for the evening to go shopping because I
remember being alone.  As I closed the door, I prayed a silent
prayer and asked the Lord to give us 250 dollars for Christmas and
before Christmas, too, so we could get the things I wanted.
Normally when I would think such thoughts, I would run down a list
of people, in my mind, who had money and could give if they
wanted.  this time I did not go down my list of people I thought
could afford to give us money; I just asked the Lord to bless me
with 250 dollars as I felt the sadness in my heart.

     A couple of days went by and I called a friend and asked if
he would be in my area that week to pick up a watch I had in the
shop for cleaning.  He said yes and told me what day he would come
by with the watch.

     I heard his knock and let him in.  He handed me my watch and
I said, "here, let me get my checkbook to write you a check for
the repairs."  It was, by the way 45 dollars.  He said, "No, here,
I have something for you."  I turned around and he handed me 205
dollars cash.  He said, "It was originally 250 dollars cash but I
used 45 dollars to pay for your watch because I forgot to bring
some other money to pay for your watch in the first place."  I
tried to protest but this man had given us money as a gift many
times over the years and I knew, once the Lord told him what to
do, he would do it when it came to money.  I thanked him and when
he left, tears came to my eyes.  I had never once thought of this
man when I had asked the Lord to give me exactly 250 dollars for
Christmas.  Now my watch was paid for, a Christmas present itself,
and I had 205 dollars extra cash for Christmas and my family.

     I stood in the living room, after my friend left, thinking
about what had just happened and realized the power of God in
prayer.  More than that, I realized God really cared for me and
that was why He answered my prayer.  I could have easily lived
without the 250 dollars but I knew I couldn't live without the
Lord in my life.

     this Christmas, make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life.  All
you need to do to become born again is pray to the Lord, confess
you are a sinner and cannot save yourself, and ask Jesus Christ to
be the Lord of your life.  Yes, it is that simple.  I did it when
I was just five years of age and it works.

     If you are already born again, be reminded that He is in fact
the Lord of your life and every situation you face.  He hasn't
forgotten you.  Recognizing Him as Lord is the best Christmas gift
you can give him.  Besides, what else can you give the Creator of
all things who already has everything other than your love for
Him.  That's all He really wants for Christmas.

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com