ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:56:03 -0500
Rhonda,

Yes I believe that if one is striving towards pleasing god, he will yes
point you in the right direction of the heart. However, that direction
probably comes from the very verse quoted earlier. In other words, he gave
us his word to not just read but to act upon. So if it says we must
forgive to be forgiven, that in and of itself really ought be reason
enough to strive towards that, pray that such forgiveness can happen. I in
no way wanted to forgive the person I talked of in an earlier post, in
fact just the opposite, I wanted to remain in offense so I could bolster
my anger and then follow through with revenge. But I realized that what I
was experiencing was not Christian thoughts, images or mind set. I knew to
get over this, to be a good kid of God's and get free myself, I needed to
forgive. It was totally unatural to my emotional pull and even my mind ,
yet I saw wisdom in God's word and trusted that.  Like anything it helps
to point our spirit, mind and body to that end. Anyway, having God
eventually point us to forgiveness is one thing, and grasping it yet
another, and until forgiveness is achieved, it appears as though the
statement Jesus said is either true or a lie. Since he is the Son of God,
we know it is true.

Brad