ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:18:22 -0600
Dear Paul, Julie, and Vicki, and Everyone,

Thanks for the prayers. They are much appreciated.

Yes, it is very important to try on shoes before buying them. I did just
that, but I didn't realize how much too big they were until I was in them
for several hours. One needs plenty of room in their shoes, however, your
feet shouldn't slide forward and the heal almost come out of the shoe, then
it's too big. Also, it's always good to know that one can return them if
they don't work out. You don't always know that until you have worn them
for a few days inside the house.

Hey Paul, can you please take me to get my new shoes? <grin> lol. Maybe we
should all let Paul take us all shoe shopping together. lol. How many
people can you fit in your car, Paul. <grin> lol.

On another subject, folks. Wow, I just about got took to the cleaners.

The business phone rang. I answered it. The man on the other end said he
was varifying our business phone listing. He did so. I asked him if there
was any charge. He said $379 for the next two years. I told him to forget
it, and not to do it. Man, one has to really watch these stupid phone
calls. This is not the first time this has happened to me, either.

I guess these are from different companies, trying to get us in their phone
book. All we are required to do is have a directory listing, and a small
listing in the yellow pages in our local phone books. Forget the rest of
them. Then, one doesn't know when the real phone company is calling you.
It's so scarry. Had I not asked him if there was a charge, he would have
put us in their phone book, and billed us for $379.00 a year for two years.
That's a lot of money. VErnon would have come unglued. I'm glad I asked
that question. It wasn't long after we moved here and got the business line
put in, when we already started getting calls like that, and tellemarketing
calls. Sorry if I've offended any telemarkerter on this list. I don't mean
to offend anyone.

Now, you can all pick up your phones, and call directory assistance, and
make sure Ferguson Enterprises is listed at our address. lol. <grin> Just
kidding.

Please pray that people will listen, and that God will give me the wisdom
to know the difference from what is good and what is not good. I've almost
gotten taken with credit card companies, as well. God, please give us all
wisdom in this area.

Thanks for praying.

God Bless you all.

Love in Christ,