ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:10:32 -0600
Hi,

Okay you guys, this is kind of long, so you can choose to hit the delete
button if you want.  Smile.

The subject says it all.  I think it's more like mid-term gone a-rye.  Or
pride goeth before a fall.  Or, in other words, great big disaster.  Ouch.
I thought I was all studied up.  I mean really studied up as I worked extra
hard on this stuff I studied.  But when I looked at the first questions it
was like I never saw the material ever before.  Then I remembered part of it
being from a particular section.  That really unnerved me.  So I stopped and
asked the Lord to settle me down.  All my years of school prior, I've used
readers to take my tests.  The on-line works well generally, but I still
find myself a little nervous about testing, especially when you're matching
terms with definitions.  The cool thing, is that when you're done, it grades
itself and you can then see the answers if you want.  I didn't look.
Anyway, it went smoother after that until... I got to a whole section that
didn't ring any bells.  So I then knew I missed some study material.  I
thought there was no additional material included in the mid-term that
wasn't already either presented in written work or on a quiz.  Boy, was I
wrong.  I found two chapters that I had unfortunately neglected to read.  I
didn't not study those intentionally.  Just didn't realize I had to.  My
proff was unavailable, so I elected to read the chapters and finish the
test.  I didn't pre-read the question so that I could look for answers in
the reading either.  I just read straight.  Didn't even study after I read
the additional material.  Had to figure out the difference between her book
and mine.  I noted the question numbers so if my professor wants to throw
them out she can.  She could also throw the whole test out or give me an F
in the course if she thinks I cheated, or throw me out.  You're only allowed
one attempt on the test.  I would have just left it, but it was about one
third of the test.

I've turned in lots of assignments, but am still trying to get completely
caught up after getting behind in the beginning of the semester for
equipment conflict and not having done an on-line before.    She's been real
good about that.  And it all may be to no avail now anyway.  Oh help!!!  And
I didn't stop for supper or anything.  I did quickly take two three minute
phone calls.  But otherwise, it was nose to the grind stone.  Between my
study time before the test, the test, and additional unexpected reading I
have in at least 14 hours school time today.  Um!  Wonder why I can't sleep.
Why, oh why did I take this class.  Because it's required, and until now,
except that it has been hard work, I've enjoyed it.  Come to think of it,
why is it I want this degree?  Well, it doesn't matter.  I want it, or...
did want it.  It seems like I'll be forever getting it.  And a low grade
sure won't help my average.  Was hoping that scholastic achievement might
help me get some scholarship money.

Oh well, sigh, this too shall pass.

Thanks for listening.  Sorry for whining.  I know God's still in control
but...  I could really use favor and leniency.  Do I dare ask?

Vicki