ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:42:01 -0600
Rhonda,

You wrote...

"often we take  the answer of wait, or not now, as a rejection,"

That is a great summary of what  I was trying to say. James tells us at
such times of quote, "falling into trials and tribulations", to be patient
and let patience have it's perfect work. Part of being patient is standing
, persevering, and enduring through that trial. It does not mean abandon
the belief entirely, or succumb to it in the form of God wills it no more
than jumping to the conclusion faith doesn't exist. The basic fact is all
Christians are in need of something in their life, we are not perfect, we
have needs, and have need to stand in faith for something in their life, if
not it would be questionable whether they are moving forward or stagnant in
the water, and therefore because they are standing in faith for that
something, and they do not yet have it realized in their life, according to
the "do gooder's" own volition would be telling him or herself they too do
not have enough faith to realize their needs. Earlier you asked what to
tell them, perhaps putting a situation of their own needs and that lack of
immediate realization in front of them, and say to them... "you mustn't
have enough faith for it". Perhaps they will realize their doctrinal over
simplification.  Patience is why I still believe god could well heal me,
yet that belief not ought consume my whole being and cause a shadow over
everything else in life or my belief. Abraham waited 25 years for Isaac,
got nervous and created an Ishmil. We don[t' need to be created Ishmil's in
our lives by jumping to conclusion regarding God's work in our life by
saying we neither have enough faith, or that
God wants us blind or otherwise afflicted. Much good comes from it because
God uses it like anything else because we've come to him and given our
lives to him. It can become very tiresome however to try to reason things
out in our head and therefore tend to run to first base, that of being, God
wills me to be this way, so that we do not feel rejected, abandoned or the
like. As well the "do gooder" who try to find reason of healing not
occurring immediately push people to believing "God's will is for me to be
blind" by putting so much pressure on the situation and that person. That
to me is a form of causing a felloe brother, or sister, to stumble.

Brad