ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:15:11 -0400
Hi, Kathy,

I used to listen to old J. Vernon McGee, too!  But I stopped
listening when I heard him say that the new Jerusalem would be a
literal place, a sphere within a cube, (or maybe it was a cube within
a sphere)  with those streets of gold and all the rest, with the
measurements set forth in the book of the Revelation of Jesus
Christ.  He said, if my memory is serving me correctly, that the
people on earth would be traveling back and forth from earth to the
city by way of some sort of space travel vehicles.  Before he taught
all that stuff, I was blessed by his teaching.  He did love his Lord,
and was faithful in his ministry.

Helen

Earlier, Kathy Du Bois wrote:
Hey Helen,
Greg and I try to listen to this old preacher, J Vernon McGee in the
morning.  He had this thing about going through the bible in five years as
a radio program in the early 70s.  This man passed away in 1988, but what
amazes us is how, even though his comments about Christian living, the
church,  and sin were made over 35 years ago, they are still relevant for
today.  Situations may change, but I guess that sin does not.  Fortunately,
our God doesn't change either.
God bless,
Kathy