ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:01:51 -0600
Rhonda,

that's great, what god did for you this week!  I'd like to tell you guys a
couple of other touching incidents that have happened around here.

Some months ago, on a Sunday, a 23-year-old friend who grew up with some of
Blanca's children, smashed her finger in a door.  she wasn't feeling well,
but went to church anyway.  She showed it to Blanca's sister-in-law, who
said she'd better go to the hospital.  As she was being attended there, it
was discovered that her blood pressure was sky high!  If she had not come in
that day, she could have been dead the next morning!

Last year, I met a deaf-blind man, through the Matilda Ziegler Magazine for
the Blind, and we've done some corresponding via Braille letters.  At one
point he asked me to e-mail a Chinese woman, another friend of his, and give
her a message from him.  Apparently, he was mistaken in her e-mail address,
as my message didn't go through.  Another thing was that I used to be on the
deaf-blind-social list.  Another woman, who is deaf and might be losing her
sight, became a member, and I found out that she lives in the same town as
the guy I've corresponded with!  I got them together.  then, sometime in May
or april, I was reading the Ziegler.  I came to the pen pal section.  I
don't usually read those, but this time I decided to.  Guess whose name I
found!  It was the lady from China!  now I have her e-mail, as well as
snail-mail, address.  Daniel himself will tell you that there is a reason
for everything:  We met for a reason, and if we're supposed to meet in
person, we will.  when he writes to me, he always thanks the Lord for giving
him another chance to Braille me this letter.  What's going to happen next?
(smile)

Sharon