ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:25:06 -0400
Thanks for the title.  I shall surely read it.  But her truth is more
splendid than any fictional account.  Can you imagine being a girl of about
15 years or so and while minding your own business one day being approached
by a heavenly being and told you are going to have a baby not ever having
known a man.  Further imagine just accepting his answer as gospel.  Can you
imagine her trepidation.  After all, how would the holy spirit over shadow
her in the first place.  Further imagine as a teenage girl having to face
everyone in the village as you began to show with this story and having to
tell Joseph you still are a virgin.  Remember they were betrothed which was
almost the same as being married.  Also women who came up pregnant without
being married were stoned to death.  Even Joseph doubted and questioned what
to do with her because he cared for her and didn't want to have her stoned
which is why God had to come to him in a dream and tell him what Mary told
him was true.  The bible doesn't say God appeared to anyone else to justify
Mary's story not even her parents.  Speaking of parents, just think what
their reaction might have been.  This is why Mary pondered all these things
because she was looking for answers.  She questioned Gabriel the way we
should question God.  She didn't question whether or not God was able, or
whether this wood happen to her but rather she asked about the mechanics of
the whole thing because she was a virgin and one needed a man to become
pregnant.  Notice she went to Elisabeth rite after the angel appeared to her
possibly before she was impregnated.  Further imagine watching her son grow
in wisdom and favor, knowing he had done nothing whatever wrong in his whole
life and knowing he was sinless, and seeing him crucified as a common
criminal beaten and laughed at and scorned.  As a mother myself I can tell
you I couldn't have been that strong.  I would have jumped on that cross and
demanded to be crucified in his place and screwed up the whole plan of
salvation which was why I am not the mother of our blessed Lord.  HA Ha.  By
the way Mary didn't even have the plan of salvation to refer to as she
hadn't the bible to which to refer for guidance as we do today.  We
Catholics believe all who have died in Christ are alive on a different level
with God and are always watching over us and take a personal interest in
what happens to us.  So just as we ask our living brothers and sisters to
pray for us to the lord we ask those who are no longer with us in this
physical life to also pray for us as well.  Mary has helped me with my son's
problems and she has shown me patients and allowed me to share her strength.