ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:25:47 -0400
Well Brad, I agree with you there.  Just today, Greg purchased two
airplane tickets for Grand Rapids Michigan .  One ticket is a round trip
ticket to bring Greg back to Maine, but the other one is a one way ticket
to drop Matt off and cut him loose to begin a new life at college.  He
already knows that we cannot helpe him financially after getting him out
there and your words about your daughter were very encouraging right now
because I'm feeling like we really march to the beat of a different
drummer.  I hope that Matt ends up as balanced as your daughter.
        I agree with you too about the old generation idealizing having
the easy life too much.  It has crippled our generation and now, I also
see it crippling the church.  So many of our elderly, when asked to help
say, "I've done my time.  It's time for the younger people to take over."
 You never retire from God's service until he calls you home for supper,
but this, I have it easy as my due thing is really hard to fight.
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!