ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VIRGIE UNDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 00:55:33 -0400
Good morning to all,     I have been working in a vending facility for two
years and it looks terrible.  It is in desperate need of remodeling.  When I
went to this location they promised that it would be remodeled and that my
seating capacity would be increased along with some new equipment.  They
said they planned to make it possible for me to cook full meals and they
even wanted a salad bar.
Obviously you can see from my comments that renovation never happened.  The
place looks so bad I am ashamed to work there.
I had to hire employees and the place had to be thoroughly cleaned and that
cleaning took two weeks.
When I arrived at this location the vending machines were antiquated to say
the least.  Some of those machines have been there since the 70's.  They do
not work properly and much of the time they don't work at all.  A lot of
time is spent opening the doors and assisting customers in getting their
products.  The first day I came to work there I put in a request for new
machines.  My food merchandiser was not functioning at all.  Anyway this has
been the case for most of the time I have been there.
My miracle is the State of West Virginia self insures the state workers and
our people in West Virginia are the most obese in the nation.
I was asked to help this company to provide more healthy food for their
employees.  After many discussions I explained that my location looked
uninviting and my equipment was not adequate for me to do the job properly.
Rehab was asked to purchase the equipment I needed and they said they were
out of money and could not do it.
Before I knew about the health food program I filed a grievance to get my
food merchandiser replaced.  I was successful in getting the merchandiser
but was told we have spent enough on your location and we can't get anything
else for you.
The miracle is that a high ranking official in this state realized what was
happening and the state is remodeling my location.
They are painting the walls, replacing the tile, purchasing new furniture, I
will have seating for 45 people to sit and eat their lunch.  They are
decorating the eating area, and I am getting a vending machine that pops
fresh pop corn.  I am elated and it is a miracle from the Lord.  I am so
thankful and I know it would not have happened if the Lord had not gotten
involved.  Thank you Lord Jesus!  Praise His Holy name!
Virgie and Hoshi