ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:37:50 -0600
Hi Phil and all!

You asked me how my parents are doing.  The surgery for my dad to get his
voice back went okay, but his voice has still been very weak.  Would be nice
to get it back the way it was!  As far as I know, he's still on oxygen in
the house and car, and still has the stomach tube.  He might be working on
swallowing, but I haven't heard much about it.  He's driven himself and Mom
to Mountain Home.  On Father's day, we picked them up from there, and went
for a nice drive, exploring places some of us may have never been before,
with Wendell, Judy, Joel and me.  there is an old volcano not far from the
town, where we picked up rock that was once molten.  It's the kind that's
like cinder and lightweight.  We took some home.  Then I saw them this past
Sunday when we took Maxine down to the Cove where they live.

I guess we're a bit concerned about Mom, because they were talking about her
not eating much.  I can kind of understand that; she's getting older, she
doesn't like to cook much anymore, and she's the only one in the house who
eats normally right now.  She's also wanted to lose weight, which I'm not
sure if she needs to.

Thanks for asking and praying!

Sharon